© all rights reserved.


Just click on the pictures to enlarge.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Scotland



We left for Scotland on the 8th May despite the vans oil change warning lights flashing and telling me it needed a service which according to me it wasn't due for one but according to the engine computer it was.


This was more or less our route, about 1500 miles.


We stopped off in Lancaster for a night  to break the journey, after a horrible trip along the M5 & M6  which were full of roadworks. After Lancaster we moved on to  just outside Glasgow for 2 nights to have a look around the City. Its a big sprawling city and as we were only there for a day the best way to see it all was on the Hop on Hop off Tourist bus.  These are really good if you just want a flavour of the place, and as the name implies you can stop off wherever you like.  This was the day where I forgot my camera and didn't even use my phone camera.  There are always interesting places in any city and Glasgow does have some interesting architecture but its very similar to many.

After Glasgow went to Loch Lomond for 3 days.  It rained on the first day and that after that we had no rain for the rest of the trip, just amazing weather. Its 20 odd miles long and the largest inland water in the UK.







From here we had a fantastic  scenic drive to Fort William and Ben Nevis.  The campsite was in Glen Nevis surrounded by the Ben Nevis range and was definitely the best site on the trip.



Still snow on the peaks and not just Ben Nevis.



It was a couple of miles walk from the campsite into Fort William and a good route through Glen Nevis.

I'll leave it for now in case of "overload" and do another post later.


7 comments:

  1. Good stuff Dave, brought back a few memories of when I had a motorhome and we did several Scottish trips with it (when I was living in Harrogate). Hope you avoided the midges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mick if only it wasn't such a long drive from here, because once you're above Glasgow then its great. We had all the anti midge kit and not a one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics and a great journey.
    I am looking forward to the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good weather helped and the scenery is stunning. I would go as far as saying that its more dramatic than Wales!!

      Delete
  4. SPLENDID! What an amazing journey you have kept so QT...amazing scenery the lake is awesome and the Mountain view from the camp is stellar!! Looking forward to more, I'm heading out tomorrow so if I'm slow in coming round it just means I have no internet, I will be round when possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I planned it last Christmas and it was a long one , for us, as we tend to do short breaks. I'm amazed how you and other RV travellers manage to blog whilst on the road, as I was usually ready for bed by the end of the day. Looking forward to your trip. My daughter has just sent me a photo of an albino starling, I've never seen one before. Have a great trip.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

As you have taken the time to read my blog and comment then whenever possible I will always reply. Thank you. Dave