One of our club members is a very good local historian and on Sunday he led us on a ride around the Vale taking in places that he had selected.
This ride had already been postponed once because of bad weather and although Sunday wasn't the best of days we decided to brave the wind and rain.
Here's the route.
Built in the 1500's and is a good example of an Elizabethan country house, and still occupied.
Llansannor church and Jackie standing alongside one of her ancestors.
Dr Salmons wells.
These are originally from the 13th Century and in the late 1800's Dr Salmon a local benefactor restored them as a clean water supply for the village.
Part of the restoration included a baptismal area, so presumably they were Baptists.
This is St Canna's church Llangan famous for its Celtic Crosses.
Turner liked it enough to paint it.
Spot the monk peering at you.
Howell Carne was at Nash in the 1430s, and the family continued to inhabit the site for another 400 years. A deer park existed by the 1530s. John Carne carried out planting and erected some garden buildings in the mid- to late-18th century.
These pictures are of what was once the woollen mill. The mill would have been water driven and the wool coming from the sheep farms in the Vale
So despite the weather it was a good day out.