© all rights reserved.


Just click on the pictures to enlarge.

Friday, January 05, 2018

Two firsts.



First one was a bird spot, 

Hawfinch.

[not my picture]


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.


They have been sighted around the area for the last few weeks and today I managed to spot them.  All in all there was a flock of about 12 in the woods a couple of miles from the house.




The next spot was a primula struggling through, despite the attention of slugs etc. 

I cant recall seeing them out as early as this.





10 comments:

  1. WOW what a gorgeous bird to have flying right overhead! Slugs out already...I hope the Primrose is a sign spring is on it's way.BRR it's cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I was pleased to see them. Its supposed to get colder here next week at the moment its 5C, not as cold as where you are though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey, that Primrose is definitely an early riser! Good to see though, along with the first signs of the Daffs coming up in the garden, it means Spring isn't too far away.
    I love the look of that woodland path, right up my street that is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to keep an eye out for the early daffs Mick as I've not noticed any yet. There are loads of trails like that close by and they're well used.

      Delete
  4. Firsts are always exciting. Beautiful birds, and lovely Primrose. Thanks for stopping by....time for tea???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tea is always very welcome Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see such sights among the dank woodlands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its good to get out Mr A and spotting different things adds to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two firsts and a nice walk along that lovely woodland path...a good start to 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its always good to see what natures up to and watch the seasons change.

      Delete

As you have taken the time to read my blog and comment then whenever possible I will always reply. Thank you. Dave