© all rights reserved.


Just click on the pictures to enlarge.

Thursday, May 03, 2018

A new toy!

This all started with an email from Nectarcard asking me to confirm the settings for the  new Data Protection Act, and on further reading it said I had just over £47 worth of points.   I never realised that there was this much on the card.  Anyway I have been looking and thinking about a Go Pro type of camera for the bike but I couldn't really justify the cost .  So I settled for a much cheaper look alike the Go Extreme and getting it from Argos with my Nectarcard it was nearly a freebie.  

So on the bike it went and out to play.  Forget the date and time as in my rush I hadn't sorted that out.

Bearing in mind it was a sunny day,  the ones with the date stamp on were taken with the exposure at normal , 0.  The ones without the date stamp the exposure was +0.3.

Apart from the garden and flower shot the rest were taken on the bike travelling at between 10 and 15 mph.. 























 I just want it for stills and as it was nearly free I'm pleased with the results.  I need to play around with the exposure a bit more, and how it will perform in low light, rain etc we shall see.  It has its limitations but I think it will come in handy on rides as its waterproof and  I can just click the shutter whilst riding. 

10 comments:

  1. Looks good to me Dave!

    I'll be honest and say I can't see any difference between your camera and my GoPro. It has coped really well with what you've asked of it, the indoor plant shot particularly has come out beautifully.
    These cameras are quite liberating! They are tough as old boots, you can stick them in some very interesting places including under water of course and having a camera that can be used in the rain is always a bonus.
    With it being as good as a freebie I reckon you've done very well there!

    Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mick, its good to have your opinion as you have much more experience with these cameras than me.

      Delete
  2. Stills are not bad.
    I would use it as video if in traffic mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I cycled in heavy traffic then I would but we usually ride on quiet roads, mind you thats not to say they're completely safe either. The battery life on these type of cameras is very short.

      Delete
  3. WOW wonderful shots! What fun you will have with this and to get it for less makes it even better! It's very sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sondra, freebies are always good. It's Chinese and for the price and what it does is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that is so cool. Sorry I've been not very good at visiting lately...but husband is well now, and I passed my drivers license test so hoping to get back to normal....whatever that is HaHa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanda, its all going in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those images look pretty good Dave. Nothing better than a new toy to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there, long time no come a visiting your blog, glad I did today. all your photos came out so very clear and sharp looking. Sure gives a whole new different perspective.

    ReplyDelete

As you have taken the time to read my blog and comment then whenever possible I will always reply. Thank you. Dave