The best rule of thumb is...if your are not sure if they are edible or not, just then don't eat them.
I love all the different kind of fungi Autumn brings - not to eat though because I don't know either.
Great pictures, but count me out on the eating....
I love taking pictures of Mushrooms. I have yet to find any here, I think it has been too dry. The rains are arriving now, though, and I plan to take my camera on a ramble through the bush to see if I can find any.My father knew every mushroom in the forest; I wish he was here now to teach me. I only eat chanterelles, I am completely confident picking those out.
Don't even THINK about it unless you know for sure! I used to 'mushrooming' when I was a kid. I knew the real mushrooms then -- and where they grew.
If I knew for sure....it was edible, I would make a huge mushroom spinach omlet ....yummy!But since I don't know, they make a lovey picture.Have a great day, Dave.Wanda
As you have taken the time to read my blog and comment then whenever possible I will always reply. Thank you. Dave