© all rights reserved.


Just click on the pictures to enlarge.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Spanakopita

The idea for this came from  reading a couple of books by Victoria Hislop, The Thread and The Island, both set in Greece, with good storylines and very well written.  In these she often mentions Greek dishes, and spanakopita was one. 

The basis is the recipe here, but the thought of doing the filo pastry with all that olive oil put me off, so I adapted in and put it into a flan, blind baking the pastry first.  I think it works well.  I made it for my daughter and she enjoyed it.



3 comments:

  1. This looks good, just checked out the recipe and your right about so much olive oil being call for. Tho looks easy enough to try it. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very yummy. I did check out the recipe. I use Extra Virgin Olive oil a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ingredients sound yummy and your pie looks great.

    ReplyDelete

As you have taken the time to read my blog and comment then whenever possible I will always reply. Thank you. Dave