© all rights reserved.


Just click on the pictures to enlarge.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Dorset Apple Cake



Here's something from Dorset which I thought you might like, and this is the one Nicky made.



Posted by Picasa

Dorset Apple Cake Recipe

Ingredients : Makes one 18cm round cake

225 g Cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped

1/2 Lemon, juiced

225 g Plain flour

7.5 ml Baking powder

115 g Butter, diced

165 g Soft light brown sugar

1 Egg, beaten

30-45 ml Milk, to mix

2.5 mlGround cinnamon

Method :
Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas 4. Grease and line an 18 cm round cake tin.
Toss the apple with the lemon juice and set aside.
Sift the flour and baking powder together, then rub in the butter, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Stir in 115 g of the brown sugar, the apple and the egg, and mix well, adding sufficient milk to make a soft dropping consistency.
Transfer the dough to the prepared tin. In a bowl, mix together the remaining sugar and the cinnamon.
Sprinkle over the cake mixture, then bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden.
Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Dave that looks just Yummy!! And fairly easy too.

    You are relentless....me and that bike...I haven't forgot...honest. I could use my daughter's illness as an excuse, but I know that won't fly with you...you diehard biker.... ((smile))
    Have faith...it will happen!!!!!

    LOL:)Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I can just smell the cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me think of a coffee cake recipe. Surely Looks good though, thank you for sharing the Dorst Apple Cake.

    Now I gotta try it once I get some flour that is.

    ReplyDelete

As you have taken the time to read my blog and comment then whenever possible I will always reply. Thank you. Dave