© all rights reserved.


Just click on the pictures to enlarge.

Monday, February 26, 2018

Winter sun and a project


A beautiful sunny day but a cold wind, not yet coming from the East, but according to all the weather reports the "Beast from the East" will be with us soon. That phrase has been much used in the press over the last few days.

These were taken on the way to Llantrisant along the cycle path.

Beautiful February blue skies. 








We had this outside table that has seen better days, the top had rotted and the frame had gone rusty, but worth repairing.  So while I got most of the rust off with the wire brush and made a new top, my wife did the final prep,  painted and varnished.






and the finished job.


6 comments:

  1. Dave, that sky is so blue it almost hurts my eyes, vivid blue. Must be awesome to ride that path I don't like riding in traffic, here the drivers do not respect cyclists...I DO! I always wait for the oncoming lane to be clear and pass them like I would pass any other vehicle. The table make over is amazing! Just the perfect project to kick off Spring when it arrives, that's a perfect size table for the outdoor space as it's small enough to move around where ever you need it to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I've looked at some of the US roads they are certainly not cycling friendly. We are very lucky around here in that there are lots of traffic free cycling trails. I thought you would appreciate the table renovation, as thats something you would do.

      Delete
  2. That path looks like cycling heaven! The weather has been pretty good lately, but oh my word that wind has been cold too.

    Good job on the table, I love the top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its similar to where you live Mick tin that there are lots of trails and quiet lanes. Now and again you have to hit the main roads but thats fine. When I go to my daughters in Andover the roads around there are not that good for cycling. There is a campaign now for banning cycling on some roads and I must admit some roads are just not suitable for cycling and I agree that for everyone's safety there are cases for banning cyclists. However UK Cycling are campaigning against this.

      Delete
  3. In between the 'Beast from the east' showers the sky is indeed very blue.
    Well done with that table, shame to waste it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures, and what a great job on the table. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

As you have taken the time to read my blog and comment then whenever possible I will always reply. Thank you. Dave