© all rights reserved.


Just click on the pictures to enlarge.

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Old Taffs Well

Posted by Picasa
This was from the age when coal was king, as the railway viaduct in the background was used by the Barry Docks railway to take coal from the Nantgarw collery to Barry. At the time Barry was the bigest exporter of coal in the UK. The industrial buildings below were part of the Forgemasters works and Taffs Well rung to the sound of the huge steam hammer working the steel.
All has changed, the coal mines are closed, the viaduct demolished, along with the railway line, the heavy industry has gone, and we now import coal.
But the old railway line is now a cycle track.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Dave,
    I love this, the mining valley... the old days (were they the good days)...
    I can't post comments from home on your blog anymore, I've contacted the blogger help centre but to no avail. I type my comment but it never appears. I have the same problem with a few other blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore pictures from the past.

    This one and your narative is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was born in taffs well when the viaduct was still just about being used. my father worked in the. forge masters.my grandfather also had a small pig farm alongside the taff

    ReplyDelete
  4. However, in all of the discussion on this topic, one subject is usually overlooked.
    ll understand what you have to do in order to solve your basic problems.
    He told me that occupational therapist suggested him to choose ergonomic products or peripherals such as ergonomic keyboard,
    ergonomic mouse and ergonomic chair.
    Take a look at my web-site ; counselling placements uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Learn More p4m83n3p95 cheap designer bags replica replica bags los angeles replica bags london gucci replica q9p09z2q11 replica bags nancy Resources j6j51n1v44 louis vuitton replica replica bags australia

    ReplyDelete

As you have taken the time to read my blog and comment then whenever possible I will always reply. Thank you. Dave