© all rights reserved.


Just click on the pictures to enlarge.

Thursday, October 01, 2020

About time

 

Yes it's about time I posted as its two months since the last post.

All credit to other bloggers who have kept posting during this pandemic as I have enjoyed reading your blogs because I just lost the will to write  / post something.  Mainly because most days are just groundhog days and I had lost the motivation to go and do something that would generate a post.  I did do this once took my camera along to record only to find that when I got home there was a fault with the SD card and lost all the pictures.


We are again in lockdown as is most of South Wales, but this time its more restrictive than previously  as we are confined to the county, the only upside is that there is not the panic buying like before.  From a cycling viewpoint its good and bad , bad because most of the club members live in and around Cardiff but good that there are four of us in Rhondda Cynon Taf [RCT] so we are a splinter group!  Also RCT is a large  county with lots of suitable trails and roads.

One ride I did which was memorable because it was different, it was a gravel ride along the Forestry trails.  As you can see we kept mostly with the county boundary [black line] apart from one little bit.



There was one 7 mile climb, gaining 300m and peaking out at 590m,  and although long with that gradient gain it was, luckily, a gentle incline.  Well worth it if only for the views on a lovely day.









Some great boys toys along the way !



From what I have read a lot are having trouble with the new version of Blogger, but it will just take a bit of time to get used to it.

All the best.




 

10 comments:

  1. It's tough to be confined to one area, and more difficult when you're missing club mates. Have you heard of the Cofffeeneuring Challenge? Look it up; it's run by Mary in D.C. It's fun and something to look forward to and possibly something to do locally locally your group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie I will look it up. I like your new Mountain Bike, lots of fun I bet.

      Delete
  2. HI Dave I was so excited to see your post! It has been a very hard time for everyone...and here in the USA add political rage to the pot. I had to do the conversion on the 590 meters...WOW that's quite an incline. And the photo of the wind turbines is a wonderful shot. Glad you are able to get out and enjoy your county...here we are free to go currently but even with following guidelines there is no guarantee of safety. Make the best of it is all we can do!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra, a post was long overdue really. I have a lot to be thankful for and I realise and appreciate that but the restrictions and confinement can get you down, and I think that's the reason why I haven't been bothered to post.
      On the upside we live in an interesting and beautiful county so in that respect I'm in a better position than some of my friends and its that thing thing about when you're not allowed to do something , you want to. Yes despite everything we have to follow the guidelines, and being irresponsible will only prolong the lockdown. So all the best to you to and take care.

      Delete
  3. I was really worried that this conversion to the new blogger would mean I would just give up and I have been blogging since 2006. However the transfer has been absolutely seamless and I just cannot detect any difference at all.

    Maybe it is because I constructed my own blog layout using HTML. But anyway I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will so continue.

    Loved the piccies, Dave. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avus I found it relatively easy too, everything I used before is there but sometimes in a different place. Initially I had an issue with a photograph but got around that as it was probably my fault anyway. Hope you're enjoying the Honda, it does look good.

      Delete
  4. You need to get out more as we need to see your country views!
    Always worth a look, great country for cycling.
    Lock Down does limit posts and it is hard to find originality.
    Only a year or so to go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr A , dont joke, but it certainly looks that way. It will take years to recover from this pandemic.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed your cycle! Great views. I too have struggled with blogging motivation though now have my mojo back again. But as I'm not moving far from home I'm trying to focus on the microcosm of life as much as I can. I follow the news in South Wales and do feel for you all. Such a difficult time. Good you can get out into the countryside though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky living in Rhondda Cyn Taf as it's a big county so at least I have many places to cycle. Unlike my friends in Cardiff who are very restricted. Its missing seeing family and friends thats the hard part.

      Delete

As you have taken the time to read my blog and comment then whenever possible I will always reply. Thank you. Dave