© all rights reserved.


Just click on the pictures to enlarge.

Thursday, August 26, 2021

New to me camera

 

Blog friend Sondra on her Blog  uses a Lumix camera and I've always been impressed with the quality of her bird photographs, so when another friend mentioned the website MPB.com for buying and part ex'ing equipment I decided to have a look.  They had a nearly new Lumix FZ82 and offered me a reasonable price for my 12 year old Canon and lenses I decided to go for it. Once the deal is agreed all you have to do is pack up the old equipment and MPB sort out a courier to collect and deliver which is included in their offer, and they are quick. 

Whilst  the Canon DSLR  was a good camera I seldom used it as it was fiddly carrying with the lenses whereas the Lumix has all that I need with its 20 - 1200 lens.



Some photos from around the garden.

House Sparrow getting rid of its fledgling plumage. 

 





Wood Pigeons are regular visitors and dont bother moving as we go in and out. 


Rowan berries , the birds love them  



It also takes  panoramic shots which will be handy  




 




We always have a good crop of Crab Apples. 



I'm still getting used to the camera but so far I'm pleased with it and I think I'll get more use out of it than my old kit.

10 comments:

  1. WOW!! I'm so glad you got what you wanted and it sounds like a great deal...the photos are awesome! It's such a handy camera and I have always enjoyed the results I got with mine...Im still hoping for one on the American site, but I do see one listed in excellent condition on the British site, very tempting. I hope yours brings you tons of joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good Sondra and as you said so easy to flick on when you grab it and go for that quick shot especially if you leave it on auto.

      Delete
  2. Looks a good 'un Dave. But it is the photographer that puts the final gloss on the image produced. It still needs the "eye" and you have it.

    I hope all is going well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Avus, I was impressed with MPB.
    Doing Ok so far and no adverse side effects from the chemo although its early days yet. I have developed hernias and if I didnt have these I would be doing some gentle cycling on the flat. I really miss that. Fingers crossed that the hernias will be sorted out later as I continually stress how important getting out is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photos. You and your camera are ONE, in capturing such lovely shots.
    Reading some of your comments, I'm glad you are doing OK physically. Will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Wanda, as I cant cycle the camera occupies some of my time, and gets me out on short walks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a mess of that comment!
    My main camera is a Lumix DMC-FZ200, the telephoto is very good.
    However, thanks to MPB I also have the wee Canon, as that fits in the pocket easier I am using that more.
    Good company MPB.
    The Lumix is good for birds as you have discovered.
    Like the pics, and the bridge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm pleased with MPB too, they were fair and efficient. Your Lumix has the Leica lens whereas mine has a Panasonic, I dont know if there's a difference but Leica are very good. Yours has the facility for a remote shutter release cable which I prefer, but mine is electronic.
      The Newport Transporter bridge is a great piece of engineering and is undergoing a refurbishment, its the star attraction of Newport.

      Delete
  8. Loving these photos. And however good the camera, it's the photographer with the eye that makes all the difference! Glad you are able to get out and about.

    ReplyDelete

As you have taken the time to read my blog and comment then whenever possible I will always reply. Thank you. Dave